Friday, August 25, 2017

The Beginning

     I have had this blog for awhile now.  I've even come on here and typed a few paragraphs, like I was going to do something with it.  Then I would read what I wrote and delete it.  Hit the close button and put it out of my mind for a few months.  But the desire to write, to share, always comes back to me.  So here I am again.  I'm hoping this time I write something that sticks.  I hope I hit the publish button when I'm done. 

     So, I witnessed a miracle yesterday.  I saw my niece come into this world.  I saw her take her very first breath.  The memory still makes me feel weepy.  It was a moment in my life that I will never forget.  A new beginning.  More love added to the world. 

    The whole experience reminded me about how beautiful life can be.  I have kind of forgotten that in the last few months.  I tend to focus on the negative.  I get overwhelmed and forget that there are always beautiful moments to be found, if only I choose to look for them. 

   Have you ever been in a season of your life that feels like it will never end?   My little family has been in one of those seasons.  There has been heartache and many tears. A lot of anger. Even more feelings of complete helplessness.  Parenting is hard.  Step-parenting is hard.  Marriage is hard. Forgiveness is hard.

    But life is funny.  Even in the midst of all that hard, it gives you gifts.  Some of them are tiny and some of them are huge.  I need to focus on those more.  I think that's part of having "a life that's good."  Recognizing the gifts.  Maybe that's what I will try to write about while I'm in this season.  Maybe, just maybe, that will help bring in the next season.


No comments:

Post a Comment